Monday, November 15, 2010

Pseudo Email

For those of you who are not yet aware, you may now correspond with me through the internet using a wanna-be email service. To do so you need to log into a website where you can view messages from me and reply or compose new ones. It's not quite as convenient as using your own email client, and it does require that you be online while you use it, but it will save postage and the cost of printing/envelopes/stationary etc. As an added bonus, messages are more or less instantly received allowing for more timely news updates and same day replies. You get all this, and "these other fabulous prizes" . . . oh wait, I guess that's all you get.

If you're interested, I'll need to have your email address first so I can get you approved to use the system. You can send it to me directly or have my parents send it to me. I'll also need your mailing address, so if you don't think I have that, then send that too. Once I enter you into the system you'll be sent an email with further instructions on how to access the site and a link to it as well. Once you have access to the system, be sure to check out the options, one of which allows you to receive a real email notification whenever you've got a new message in the system. That way you don't have to keep logging in to check.

My immediate family are all signed up, so if you have any questions about or trouble with the system, I'm sure one of them can help you out.

Of course, everyone is still welcome to correspond via regular snail mail if that is your preference.

Thank you to everyone who writes to me. I love to read all your news and stories. I know I don't always respond to everyone, but I figure that's why I'm posting these entries, so that I don't have to. ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment