Monday, November 29, 2010

Outside

My brother Alan claims to have once asked me how I felt about being outside, especially since so much of life here in Safford takes place out of doors, and also in light of the fact I spent 9 months in doors without being able to go outside. Allegedly I never answered his question. So I will do so now. I love being able to go outside and spend most of my time each day outside. It's great to be able to see the night sky as well. Because of the compound lighting, most of the stars are not visible, but many of the brighter ones are.

The weather here during October was beautiful. Now as December approaches, the temperatures have dropped and it is quite cold. It's no longer quite as enjoyable to be outside, but it's still nice to be able to. I hear it will get colder yet. The wind is the biggest weather problem. It makes the cold even worse since I don't have any real cold weather or wind breaking gear. I have a set of thermals and sweats and an institution issued light jacket. As long as the wind doesn't blow, then being outside is bearable. It's still cold, but just some light shivering is all that's necessary to endure it. But when the wind blows it quickly gets to be no fun to be out of doors. especially when the wind is blowing. Luckily there is almost no precipitation, so snow is not something I'll have to deal with here. I can see that I'll be spending most of this winter in doors when possible.

Once warm weather comes around again though, I will once again be spending a lot of my free time outside underneath the beautiful blue Arizona skies.

No comments:

Post a Comment