Thursday, November 4, 2010

Italian Opera

Tonight I began a three part educational video series of Italian operas. Tonight we watched La Boheme, a story about 4 destitute guys and their personal relationship issues and an odd need to sing everything they say at the top of their lungs. Oh wait, that's just opera. I actually really enjoyed it though and look forward to the next two operas. I can't remember what they are at the moment. This one had Luciano Pavoratti as the lead tenor. Although I've always basically known who he was, this was my first production I've actually seen him in, or for that matter even listened to beyond 10 seconds. The volume was definitely too loud with the fortisimo parts torturing the TV speakers and my eardrums. I will have to remember to take ear plugs next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment