Thursday, October 7, 2010

Safford Continued

Meals here are served at 6:00 am, 11:00 am, and 5:00 pm -- a much more normal schedule. The weather is great, at least right now. I don't know the temperature but it's nice and warm in the day and pleasantly cool at night. During my wandering around the place I have discovered the clinic, the main laundry, the commissary, the mail, the auditorium, and library buildings. The library is pretty small but offers a much better selection of books than I've had access to in a while. There is no checking out. If you want a book, you just take it. No late fees!
My day for commissary shopping is Thursdays. So I went today and bought a bunch of things, like a hat, sunglasses, hygiene stuff, correspondence materials and, oh yeas, some diet Dr. Pepper. Unfortunately there is a spending limit, and so I have to wait for two weeks before I can finish out my "getting settled" shopping spree. Big ticket items I'm still waiting to get: athletic shoes and a radio. The shoes are necessary if I'm going to exercise, and the radio for watching T.V. Although I'm generally not welcome in front of the T.V.'s, supposedly I can get away with it for weekend morning movie showings. On weekends, edited feature films are shown. The radio will also just be nice to have for musical enjoyment the rest of the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment