Sunday, August 8, 2010

Drowning Cat

Currently I am bunkies with Brett Whitehead. He seems to have lately come down with a case of "drowning cat." This is the malady where a person unconsciously sings - a generous and liberal way of putting it - to the radio with headphones on. While to themselves they might think they sound pretty good, to the rest of us the effect is more excruciating. Thus the appropriate name of "drowning cat." It tends to show its symptoms at odd times, such as 2 am, when everyone else is asleep except for me because I'm taking advantage of the quiet to read. Well I suppose there are worse sounds - highly unflattering ones in fact - that are a staple amongst the night time sounds in this cozy little 48 man warehouse of a bedroom. So I won't complain any more, at least for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment