Thursday, January 19, 2012

Mithing Tooth

Okay, so I'm not really missing a tooth, at least not entirely. During the application of routine flossing between my last two back teeth on the bottom of the right side of my mouth -- as if my teeth would be found anywhere else -- a piece of the back-most tooth broke off. I'm pretty sure I wasn't being overly aggressive but maybe I just don't know my own strength or maybe I was mistakenly using a piece of special diamond encrusted floss. So now not only do I have a sharp flesh cutting edge on my back tooth -- which my tongue discovered rather rapidly, much to its dismay -- but I've also got a nice cubby hole where food likes to burrow down into the gums between the two teeth and set up camp every time I eat. This causes all sorts of unwelcome pain as well as some murmuring to anyone who will listen. Luckily the tooth itself does not hurt at all. The only pain is with the tortured gums. I have discovered a workable method of chewing in which my back teeth come within close proximity of each other but never actually touch. This seems to adequately break down the food for swallowing without forcing any additions into my own portable food storage supply pocket. There is no pain as long as I am sure to vacate the hole after every time I eat. I never thought I'd miss being able to chew my food, but at least I can still taste it so I guess I'll just count my blessings. I suppose that in the end I will probably just need to get the dang tooth pulled, but I'll try to ignore the problem for as long as I can before resorting to such uncomfortable measures to contemplate. There's no use doing something today that can be put off until tomorrow. I think that's how the saying goes

No comments:

Post a Comment