Saturday, January 1, 2011

The Great Outdoors

No, I am not referring to the movie "The Great Outdoors" -- which by the way is a great movie -- but rather to me watching movies in the great outdoors. Yesterday morning, on the last day of the year, I braved 21 degree weather to sit outside and watch "The Other Guys". Today, on the morning of the first day of the year, I inconceivably did the same thing in order to watch "Shrek - Forever After". It's going to take more than a little cold weather to teach me a lesson. I guess I'm not a fast learner. The temperature was again a brisk 21 degrees, but today came with an added bonus of an 11 degree wind chill. Now I know you may have colder temperatures where you live, but you cannot claim to have sat outside in them watching a movie as I can. Therefore I hereby lay claim to having been instrumental in achieving the earliest dumbest thing done this year. So far.

Well here's to a new year. I hope yours will be better than mine, because if not, that would be sad indeed. Remember, you only have slightly less than two years left before the end of the world arrives -- rumored to be scheduled for December 21, 2012 -- so get your shopping done early.

Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment